Sunday, June 15, 2014

Black/White

Hello Crafters,

   It has been a long couple of weeks for me as I was very sick, but thanks to all the prayers and good hands of the doctors I am back on the move again.  Will take a few weeks of lots of rest but I can do that and create also right.  I wanted to create a card for the Challenge over at:http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/2014/06/challenge-card-17.html, this Challenge was to use black and white with dimension and scollops.  This is what I created.




 http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/2014/06/challenge-card-17.html

I used a 6 x 12 piece of back card stock scored at 4 and 10 on each side of the front of the card I made double scollops half way down on each side and used the flower to help seal the front bottom. I used score tape to seal the bottom and added background using a stencil and gelatos to make the background of leaves.
I have to say I have had my gelatos for ages -my dear friend Dar told me about them and how great they were so of course I had to buy them. I wasn't as in love with them as she was until yesterday when I decided to try them on this card.  Now I love them too. The leaves turned out awesome. I added a scollop made from a Martha Stewart punch and added my embellishments and the sentiment inside. Can you see the little butterfly. Maybe on the other pics.
Products Uses:  Cheery Lynn - B1175 - Mini Fanciful Flourish
                                                             Tiny Things-Butterfly
                         Dyllusions - Stencil DYS34261 "Luscious Leaves"
                         Heartfelt Creations - Tattered Blossom - HCD722
                                                         Decorative Lattice Swirl - HCD733
                         Castle in the Air - White Crape Paper
                        Martha Stewart Punch - Scollops
                       Dee's Distinctivelly ME - IME 092 Berry Sprig
                       Joy - 6002/0257 - Springs
                       Creative Expressions Die - CED1105 "Californian Collections Beverly Hills"
                       Stamp Scapes - Stamp Twisting Leaves 275D
                       Just Rite - Grand Birthday - CL 04745
                      Gelatos - White
                      Spellbinders S5-201 Border-abilities scollop


 This is the insert for the card - Love this sentiment because it can be any "Special Day" and the Scollop swirl is so beautiful I had to use it.
 Just a view of the card
 Finally a close up of the flowers and Butterfly





5 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Judy! LOVE the design (will keep this one in mind, lol) and your sentiment tag and flower/butterfly are just AWESOME! So elegant and beautiful!
FEEL BETTER my friend!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh and forgot to mention how much I LOVE the gelato stenciling ... looks FABULOUS! And a perfect touch on this delicate creation!
I just realized (a little slow in my old age) that your flower is from crepe paper ... BEAUTIFUL!!!! WOWZA!
ok ... I'm done now! LOL

Diane said...

Gorgeous card Judy...wow...so many pretty details...hope you are feeling better!!

Joan Fricker said...

Judy, what a beautiful card. I love your crepe paper flower and I must get mine out and start using it again as it makes such gorgeous flowers. Great job!
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Gretchen Wilson said...

All I can say is AWESOME!