Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fishy

Hello Crafters,

I wanted to get something made for the Challenge over at: http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/ - what was funny about this Challenge is for what ever reason my colors and project is very much like Joans project. I was just sitting at my table going thru stuff and seems the supplies just jumped into my hands.  So this is my take on the Challenge: Use a stencil, try the shadow effect combine two pattern designs, make a card, book or note.
I tried the shadow effect on about 4 tries of different stencils and each time they just didn't look right and I wanted to get this posted today as I will be gone all weekend. So Joan I did try but this is the best I could do.I need lots more tries.


http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/

It was sunny this afternoon when I took the picture so you can see the sun reflecting on my simple mini album. I found two pieces of heavy chip board the same size and the orange paper was falling out of my paper bin, I looked around and saw the bolt of heavy ribbon and here it is.  covered the outside of the chip boards with orange pattern paper and the inside with green butterfly (below are other shots). I bound the two together with the heavy ribbon and it is hold beautifully. I love the gold fish stencil and decided to use it.
Cut what look like seaweed, added bubbles layered the white card stock on to sparkling blue, then black.
Products Used:

Kaiser Craft - Paper collection Australia
Dream Weaver -Stencil -"Fish" - DW Embossing Paste
H2O -Mango freeze # 29516 to color the fish when it was dry
Candy Shoppe - Bling - "Bubbles)
Cheery Lynn - B179 Iris leaves (makes good seaweed to me)
Tim Holtz - Distress embossing in
Inkadinkado Stamps - Sea Creatures
Ribbon - Stash (Black and Gold)
Martha Stewart - Butterfly border punch
Doodlebug design -flock "crushed velvet" black
Kaiser Pearls - Black
Card Stock Green (seaweed)
 This is a picture of the inside pocket that hold several pieces of card stock decorated for Notes, pictures, story, etc. This is where I used the MS border punch.



 This is a close up of the finished front - I added the sea shells after the fact. Also the bottom of the front was left open for a Title, Sentiment, etc.

No comments: