Saturday, April 19, 2014

Purple Fan

Hello Crafters,

What a week, I didn't realize how much I depend on this old computer, it decided to take a week long vacation and I have been crazy all week. But ole girl is back up and running for now. I made a card for my sister a few weeks ago and thought I would do something different because I didn't really want what I had created to go in a drawer, so I cut the card back off and  added a easel stand on the back of the front of it so it would stand up. When she called me about the card w/easel she was so excited because she could set it on her stand and look at it often because it stood up. So long story I decided to join the challenge over at :http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/ which was very simple to do a stand up card - Use any colors, two layers, and dies only, and something purchased at (www.atmyjoansgardens.com). Here is what I created.


http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/

I started with a 6 x 6 piece of purple glitter card stock given to me by a friend, then I used the 6 x 6 Graphic 45 Secret Garden Paper pack and chose the purple and green pages to create the card. I cut the corners using Cheery Lynn Fancy Corner B431. added the Dicro Fiber under the doily that I created by cutting three of the new Tattered Lace - Oriental Fan die D142. Love the die and wondered if it would make a doily, what do you think? Because it doesn't lay flat (I fan folded it first) it adds dimension. I made the flower used Heartfelt Creations Die Vintage Floret HCD 727 then added flourishes from CL, Magnolia, Poppy Stamps.
Products Used:  HFC - Vintage Floret - HCD 727
Grraphic 45 6 x 6 Secret Garden Paper
Cheery Lynn - Mini Fanceful Flourish B1175
                       Fancy Corner B431
Tattered Lace - Oriental Fan D142
Poppy Stamps -Outline leaves 840
Magnolia Doohickeys - SM12 Summer Foliage
Flower Soft - Crocus
Art Glitter Gala Glitz - Silver
Tombow pens




Close up of the corner to show how it cuts tiny leave w/border


8 comments:

Pssequimages said...

How very beautiful, and the GORGEOUS Graphic 45 paper just accents your ideas so well. The doily you made is exceptional. Just love this very unique and gorgeous card!

lost coast scrapper said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Joan Fricker said...

Judy, this is so striking. Love the colors!! I know your sister will enjoy it for a long time.
Great job.
Thanks for joining us again at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Joan Fricker said...

Judy, this is so striking. Love the colors!! I know your sister will enjoy it for a long time.
Great job.
Thanks for joining us again at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Joan Fricker said...

Judy, this is so striking. Love the colors!! I know your sister will enjoy it for a long time.
Great job.
Thanks for joining us again at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Joan Fricker said...

Judy, this is so striking. Love the colors!! I know your sister will enjoy it for a long time.
Great job.
Thanks for joining us again at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Joan Fricker said...

Judy, this is so striking. Love the colors!! I know your sister will enjoy it for a long time.
Great job.
Thanks for joining us again at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

nightingalehoop said...

On my goodness,I smiled at your post.....It's been so loveley working with you and I want to keep in touch !!Best of luck in all you do,
Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews