Sunday, April 13, 2014

Flamingo

Hello Crafters,

This card is for the Challenge at: http://sparklensprinklecreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

http://sparklensprinklecreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

I am having computer problems and I have to say on top of that this is the worst picture I have ever taken
This card is much crisper and brilliant in color just looking at it here is very dull.
All tho you can't tell here the clouds are puffy looking.  I used SNS sticky paper covered it with Cloud Nine GM2000 and stamped SNS stamp #512 Flamingo Bay  into it.  I then colored over the Cloud Nine with Tombow markers. I added a thick layer of glue to the clouds and covered with Cloud Nine again when dry there were puffy and just stand out. The little flamingo I cut out covered with glue and sprinkled what I thought was pink glitter but instead I had picked up Bubble Gum EP. I decided to go ahead and see what would happen before starting over and I actually liked what I saw. It appears that the feathers are standing out some as thought getting ready to take flight. I also thought she looked like a baby not yet fully feathered.
Oh well -the Sentiment: enjoy comes from the SNS stamp set #537 Spring time spunky and PINK is from Spare Parts - Marquee pink plastic letter which I covered with the pink glitter. Ranger black pearls for eyes.
Queen & Company Pink Frosties (pearls).

3 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Your card looks fabulous and I'm sure it's even more so in person. Love the idea of adding Cloud Nine on top of dried Cloud Nine - I'll definitely have to try that sometime soon. So glad you were finally able to share this with us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge and congrats for being a SNS Featured Artist. Your name will go in a special drawing being held just for Featured Artists.

Donna Ellis said...

How creative you are Judy! I had not thought of layering the glitters like that to produce added texture, and it is a wonderful idea! Gotta love those tombow markers - your shading looks wonderful - and so does your Bubblegum glitter experiment! Great card! thanks so much for playing in the SNS Creative Challenge! We are delighted that you are now a Featured Artist. Did you see your creation on the SNS facebook page here? https://www.facebook.com/SparkleNSprinkle

Glitter is very difficult to capture on camera, and you have done a great job, Judy! It will be fun seeing what you come up with in the future. hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

How pretty and fun, and bright is this wonderful card you created !!! Truly wonderful !!! I am so happy you joined us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges !! I hope you join us again !! Have a wonderful day !!

Hugs,
Mayra DTM
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com