Saturday, March 1, 2014

Three flowers

Good Morning Crafters,

   Wanted to get my card posted for this weeks challenge.  I lifted ideas from several crafters I love to follow and tried my on hand, the following is what I ended up with and for once I really like the outcome. No I am not patting myself on the back just happy to accomplish what I set out to do.  Have a great week.

http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/

I was trying for a vintage look (color),center being the flowers, and wanted some texture.
I started with rusty orange card stock, added wall paper tape, all the paper is from the Basic Grey curio collection.  I distressed the back layer of paper and added gesso.  Added next layer across the bottom adding a piece of lace to the top edge (oops you can't see it very good in pic.) which I colored from white to Brushed corduroy with TH distress ink.  Made the flowers and added all the embellishments I made.
The flowers and buds were made using the HFC tattered blossom and colored with TH rusty hinge. Leaves are from various dies listed below. Note: I love how you can use so many different companies products and come out with a treasure.

Products used: Spellbinders - S2-023 Medallion eight
                       Heartfelt Creations - Tattered Blossom HCPC 3468
                                                       Lady Rosalie Sentiment HCPC 3584
                                                       Raindrops & Roses Die HCD 743
                                                       HCD 736 - leaves
                        SprinkleNSparkle - Sunny Daze Glitter G1038
                        Kaiser - Pearls
                       Ranger"Wendy Vecchi" archival ink -Orange Blossom
                       Basic Grey - "Curio" paper collection
                       Jambo - lace tape colored with TH brushed cordurey
                       Menards - Wall paper tape
                       Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Thatched Roof Cottage
                        Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Rusty Hinge, Shabby Shutters, Scattered Straw
                        Gala Glitz: Orange
                        Gesso
                        Cheery Lynn - Tiny things B266 - Butterfly
                        Magnolia - Doohickey's -SM12 Summer foliage
                       Joy - 6002/0257 -foliage
                       Memory Box - Collage leaves 98342
                       Marianne Dies - leaves (sorry I don't have the #'s                       




This is a left side view close up -to see the lace and better view of leaves, buds.

Close up of right side

3 comments:

Dorothy S said...

I saw this at Joan's Touch - what a lovely card. I especially like the medallion and the torn edges.

Joan Fricker said...

Wow Judy, that a beautiful card. Love the torn paper, gauze and the gesso on the leaves. Great job with lots of interest.
thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this week's challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Gretchen Wilson said...

Drop dead Gorgeous Judy. Love all the details of your flowers, all the extra little embellishments. Keep it it doing.