Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Helleborus

Hello Crafters,

    I made this card for a challenge using a Susan's Garden flower. I have a couple of  her flower kits, but really have never succeeded in making one so last night I sat and decided I was going to do it.  this is the card I made using Susan's Garden flower "Helleborus".

 http://classycardsnsuch.blogspot.com/

I tried to keep the card simple and sweet .... OK I used a piece of card stock from the HFC Posy Patch paper collection as the background, and the opposite side for the die cut Decorative leafy frame. Yellow and cream card stock for flowers. I know my Susan's Garden flower looks somewhat different from Susan's I think I got close for a first time. 
Products used: Heartfelt Creations - Decorative Leafy Frame HCD 731 (sold on line store at CCNS)
                                                       Vintage Floret HCD 727 - yellow flowers
                                                       Paper collection "Posy Patch" -sentiment is from same collection.
                       Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Peeled Paint"
                       Susan's Garden - Helleborus flower kit 658862
                                                  Pollen - Red T4647
                                                              Orange - T4646
                      Pan Pastels - Greens and yellows
                      Kaiser Pearls Red
                      Bow -ribbon from stash
                      Glitter - Green
                      Rain Drops - Liquid Glass
                      Viva Pearl Pen - Red and black
            You can't make a Susan's Garden flower with out adding her famous ladybug. Mine is hard to see here but I love making the ladybugs.



  This is a close up of the SG flower I created

6 comments:

Beverly Bohannon said...

That's really pretty, Judy! Thanks for playing along with us in this week's Classy Cards 'n Such challenge using Susan's Gardens flowers!

Beverly

Diane said...

Beautiful card Judy...I have this die, but have never used it....now you have inspired me to get it out!!! I also grow these beautiful flowers!!! Thank you for entering our challenge at CCNS!!

Debbie said...

Cute, cute, cute! Glad you were able to play along with Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!

Holly said...

Oh this is beautiful! I love how you've added the dots to your flowers - they look so real! Thanks for playing in the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge this week!

Jennipher said...

Love the color combination you have going on here. Lovely card with lots of great detail. Thanks for joining us at CCNS.

Misti said...

Looks like spring! Beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Classy Cards 'n Such challenge.