Sunday, February 16, 2014

Hello Crafters,

  I wanted to do a card using lots of my favorite sparkle so I made a card for the Challenge over at: http://sparklensprinklecreativechallenges.blogspot.com/. I have to warn you the pics you are about to see
are not very good, the sparkle just does not show up that well.  I have got to fight the cold and snow and get out to get a new camera. Oh well here we go.

 http://sparklensprinklecreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

 I used cream card stock and I am now thinking it should have just been white - to late now.
This is the list of products I used so you will know just how much glitter and sparkle there is:

Sprinkle N Sparkle:  Stamp set # 396 "Garden Fairies"
                                Glitter: G1053 - Pistachio, G 1040 - Sunset, G1071 - Waterfall, G1097 - Orchid
                                           G1078 - Rapture Blue, -G1038 - Sunny Daze, G1093 - Purple Dust
                                GM 2000- Cloud Nine,
                                Embossing Powder - # 187 Teddy Brown and Clear
Kaiser Pearls - Brown and Black
Embroidery Thread - Variegated Purples
Tim Holtz - Concord Grape Distress Ink
Barbara Trombley's "Elements" - #28 Bark and Spinach

Most of the glitter was used on the Fairy and Mushrooms, a little Pistachio on the Flourishes and on the Mushroom bases. The sentiment, butterfly and mushrooms were pop doted on the "Elements" ground.
I think the new elements make for a realistic ground. I really like the stamp set's at: http://sparklensprinklecreativechallenges.blogspot.com/.



This is a blurry close up so see the sparkle and the fairy dust I made on the base card using the Cloud Nine GM2000.

4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

It is always so hard to capture the glitter in photos. You've done a great job with all the Sparkle N Sprinkle product. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Challenge.

Donna Ellis said...

wow! This is gorgeous, Judy! I love what you have done with the colors and the glitters. It really is difficult to take photos indoors if there is no window nearby, and also difficult if taking photos directly in the sun - what's an artist to do? Thank you for showing the close up so we could really see those colors. A wonderful card - Love the sparkling rain, and the pretty "vines" which make your card even more magical! I have become your newest Google follower! Love the Valentine card you made in the Simon Says challenge, too.

Now to put on my other hat. Thank you for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle this month! I hope you will submit more of your pretty cards to the challenge in the future! hugs, Donna {Creative Smiles}

Anne Temple said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love all the glitter you incorporated. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge. Congrats on being a SNS Featured Artist as well!

April said...

So sparkly and pretty! I love the colors. Thanks for joining the Sparkle N Sprinkle challenge!