Monday, January 27, 2014

Hello Crafters,

Well it's Monday, so cold, so much snow, and I had an accident last night. Blinding snow and high winds helped me to land in a ditch (deep) I wasn't hurt but my vehicle is really bad. I stayed home today from work to get things with the accident done and I was really shook up, so I crafted as much as I could today. I am posting this card because I have a little kids Birthday party coming up soon and I thought it might fit the Challenge over at: http://classycardsnsuch.blogspot.com/. No sure because of the products but I so enjoyed making it.
 http://classycardsnsuch.blogspot.com/

For the Challenge I could only find one product at the online store right now and it was the Cheery Lynn - Birch Tree w/critters (Love that die)

Products Used:  Sizzix - Circus Car die cut
                                     Baby Elephant
                          Just Rite - Bunting & Button Dies SW-04415
                                          Grand Birthday Sentiment CL-04845
                         Sprinkle N Sparkle - Glitter Sunset G1040 and Embossing Powder Irish Spring EP260
                         Versa Mark ink pad
                         Authentique  Paper Pad 6x6 - BJ0001
                         Cheery Lynn - Birch Tree w/Critters Die - B370
                         Lite green gem



This is the inside of the card - left side has a pocket for a note, gift card, money, etc. right side is the Sentiment from the "Wise Ole Owl" up top.

The Circus Die was cut three times in black heavy card stock and one in decorative paper . I used the little pieces to decorate the inside of the wheels. I popped up double between two black cars and attached the decorative paper to the front of the one on top. punched a hole in the two back panels and ties them together with scrap ribbon so the card would open easily. The sentiment was embossed on the inside card panel, and the little hearts were added to the wheels.

6 comments:

Beverly Bohannon said...

Judy, I love your card! It's so imaginative!!! Thanks for playing along with our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge - Get in Shape!

Beverly
http://classycardsnsuch.blogspot.com

Holly said...

How adorable!!! I'm so glad you weren't hurt, and I hope you are able to get your car fixed. Thanks for playing in the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge this week!

Diane said...

Super adorable card Judy...so cute and creative!! Thank you for playing in the Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge...and congrats on your win last week!!! Hope all works out for you with your car...thank goodness you weren't hurt!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

OMG I'm always a day late and $$$ short! I'm so glad you weren't hurt in the accident! I know it will be a hardship getting the van fixed but that's better than trying to get YOU fixed!! Praying it all comes together for you without a hitch!
This card is ADORABLE! What a cute die and the recipient is going to be saying ... Ooooo -AAwwwww when they open it! Fantastic my friend ... SO CREATIVE!!
HUGS ... stay warm!

Misti said...

This is so adorable!!! Thanks for playing in the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!

Debbie said...

What a great idea for a shaped card! I love it!!

Debbie