Sunday, January 5, 2014

Hello Crafters,

I was on vacation for a couple of weeks and all I did was hibernate, well and Christmas, New Years, and SNOW! Wow what a winter this has been and just starting. I thought I would start my year off by trying a different challenge so I went over to "Cheery Lynn" to see what was happening! Opportunity to win an eBosser - so I thought I would give it a shot could sure use one of those. So this is my post for "Cheery Lynn" Challenge: "Use at least one Cheery Lynn Die" how easy is that!

 http://cheerylynndesigns.blogspot.com/

 This card is being used two fold - I made it for my grandson who is learning the meaning of being a winner and not whether you score or not. He just started basketball and is down on himself so I used this to cheer him up and for the Challenge for my motivation to start being a winner this year.

OK So here is a brief  description:
I used card stock from stash: Two shades of purple, white, brown, silver and green floral
I cut a Step Card #1 for base using the two purple shades
Cut the tree, owls, squirrel and florets from white card stock, added "Bark" elements to tree pieces, flower soft to owls and pan pastels to florets. Cut owls again using silver card stock and cut out for gears. Added the owls eyes. The sentiment was cut using a cricut. I love how it turned out and my grandson loved it as well.

Products used:  Cheery Lynn: Step Card #1 - B318
                                              Expression bubbles - A103
                                              Tropical Flourish - B127
                                              Mini Fanciful flourish - B117S
                                              Owls w/gears - B383
                                              Birch tree w/critters -B370
                                              Build a flower #1 - B181
                      
                       Art Glitter:      3-D dots and Adhesive
                                             Elements "Bark"

                      Kaiser:            Plum pearls

                      Pan Pastel :     Plum

                     Cricut:             Sentiment - Print 101

                     Flower Soft:     Nut Brown and Polar White

                     Yard Sale:        Owls eyes


 Close up of little owl and squirrel critter and trunk and limb of the Birch tree



Close up of Big owl and florets and flourishes.

4 comments:

Glenda Brooks said...

Your card is adorable and I just know your grandson is gonna love it! Good luck in the challenge!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Great job with your step card - I love the owl on here with the tree! Thanks so much for playing along with us in our New Years Celebration at Cheery Lynn Designs!!!

Good luck in the giveaway!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Ha! Ha! Too cute Judy! HEY you can't win the EBosser ... I NEED IT! LOL!! Good Luck!