Monday, October 14, 2013

Hello Crafters,

     Time once again for my favorite Challenge over at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/. this week the challenge was. Make up to 3 cards, use a bow, corners, something to do with Christmas and something that can be purchased at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/. Since I purchased most everything at Joans I am sure I have that part covered. this is my post.

 http://www.atjoansgardens.com/

 First things first, I used the wrong background for taking this picture and exposure is not so hot but if we can get past that in real life this is a cute card for me.

When Joan said corners they always seem to be a challenge in themselves for me.  I had recently purchased some products from http://www.atjoansgardens.com/ and so I took a look at them and found a corner die I really liked and decided to make a doily out of it, I love the way it turned out, perfect size for this card and center piece. Then went ahead and use my other corner for Holiday cards that I like so much.  I used a silver glimmer card stock for the card, added a gold shimmer card stock embossed with a poinsettia design on it.
Added the four cut corners to make the doily effect added my Christmas tree, cut from a shimmer card stock green from my stash, that was cut five times for this effect and then the holly corners. I added pearl pen gel for berries on corners and tree.

Products used:
NEW - Poppy Stamps "Crochet Corner" # 957  - doily - made from suede paper "Tomato"
NEW - Marco Suede paper
NEW - Heartfelt Creations - Banners and trees die HCD 739 (Ema Lou has a video on You Tube for this technique for the tree)
Shimmer paper - purchased at Joans
Ribbon from stash -white shear for top of tree
Viva -Pearl Pen Red 400
Sizzix embossing folder

Oh one other thing read on:


a

This is a side view so hopefully you can see the tree in it's 3 D style - ok ready for the big secrete
You don't have to worry about how you would mail this stand out card - the tree folds flat for mailing and storing while popping back up when opened. How cool is that.




5 comments:

Ginny B. said...

Judy, what a wonderful idea in using your corner dies to make a doily. I am definitely going to try that! Love the three-dimensional Christmas tree, too. Wonderful card for this week's challenge.

Blessings, Ginny

Joan Fricker said...

Wow Judy this is beautiful and as Ginny said, what a great idea using the doily for your dimensional Christmas tree. Great background too.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Mrs. Swandog said...

Judy, Love your card! Love all the shimmer and glimmer you used. Perfect for a Christmas card. I love love your 3-d tree!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Judy this is outstanding, love the suede paper, it is so rich and that doily is beautiful. I think I had better get that one. You were busy Sunday after our busy weekend. I just dropped. Getting the little one today til tomorrow when other Grandma gets him. I am still going to try and make this challenge.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW! Look at you go girl! This is AWESOME and VERY clever!! I would have never thought to make a doily with the corners but WOW it looks fabulous! And that tree was a brilliant idea!
Only TODAY did I have enough Uuummff to get something created! LOL!
Thanks for all the tips, tricks & inspiration over the weekend! Sure wish we could get together more often! Oh well ... I'm blessed to be able to call you gals my friends!!
HUGS from OHIO!