Saturday, October 19, 2013

Evening Crafters,

   I was on a roll today for card making and trying new things - so this is another card I made for http://www.atjoansgardens.com/ Challenge this week: Pink and white colors, flowers something curvy.
This is not a good picture at all but I hope you can get the jest of it. Looks cool in real life. Well I think so anyway. LOL

http://www.atjoansgardens.com/



This card was made using a product called "Clear Cardstock" from Heartfelt Creations - it an acrylic but just a tad thicker for holding up. I am sure you can get this over at :http://www.atjoansgardens.com/ It is item:
GBCC1212.  I stamped the HFC Vintage Floret Frame using  Tim Holtz "Spun Sugar" distress ink pad. I die cut it with the HFC "Leafy Frame Die".  I clued only the edges and circle to the front of the clear card stock. I cut the flowers and leaves from the HFC Beautiful Juliet Collection HCD 740. They were cut on sticky back paper. Sentiment came from  HFC "Moments with you HCPC 3568. It was embossed with Art glitter (Ballerina) color Cut out and put on the cent of the inside of the clear card stock card so it would show through the circle on the front. I used small brads and large pink pearl brad for the flowers. They were attached through the front of the card to hold them on leaves attached with glue.

How to do the flowers.  After cutting from the sticky side paper I peeled off the backing to expose the sticky and added the Ballerina glitter pressed in with my finger. After a few minutes of dry time I conditioned the flowers by pulling peddles towards center so the would curl not bend put them on the brad. So easy.
The two smaller flowers were cut from vellum and conditioned the same but the glitter was added after they were put together. Very simple but clear cards are really cool.

3 comments:

Mrs. Swandog said...

Judy, Love this card! The peek a boo through the center is a nice touch!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW! Another gorgeous creation! I can only imagine how pretty this in IRL ... photographs just don't pick up the beautiful dimension achieved when using acetate!
HUGS & MISS you!

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Wow Judy! This is gorgeous! Very creative! I love all the sparkle and the 3D effect. Fabulous!

I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog also.

Please join me for a chance to win FREE candy on my blog. Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com