Monday, September 23, 2013

Hello Crafters,

     This week at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/, the challenge is: Use a picture, use neutral colors and add a flourish. Sounds simple but wow it makes you think.  This picture I have had in my pics for ever. It was a picture my mother took when she was in her garden one day (before color)back in the 40's I do believe.
So I will be keeping this card for my self. Hope you enjoy it like I do.


 http://www.atjoansgardens.com/


The card stock looks almost gray but it is really black - I took a smaller sheet of the black card stock and embossed it using a technique Joan had on or blog a couple of weeks ago.  You take the embossing folder and brayered  ink over the inside top of the embossing folder and then emboss. This is the first time it turned out for me and I really like it.  I then added the picture put the flourish's on and added black/white rose buds.

Products used:  Embossalicious embossing folder "Elegance" EF8ELGNCE
                         Ranger Adirondack "Snow jCap" ink pad
                         Flourish - Memory box 98486 (2) cut
                         Flowers-Cheery Lyn B 151 and B150 cuties #2 & #3

Of course the card looks much better than the pic  - Simple beauty is wonderful

3 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Oh Judy, this is so gorgeous. I am so glad the braying worked for you this time as it is really a fun technique and adds so much to a card. Beautiful picture and your design is great!
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Mrs. Swandog said...

Judy, what a beautiful photo your mother took. What a great way to showcase it. Love your flowers! Awesome card!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

OMG ... I had such a busy week last week that I didn't get around to much commenting and missed this BEAUTIFUL creation!
Now all you need to do is put this is a shadowbox frame and display it ... such a treasure ... both the image and the story behind it!
WOW!