Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hello Crafters,

   I was asked by a gentleman to make a keepsake box for his sisters new baby from a old cigar box he had given me.  This was a challenge for me because I had to get the cigar smell out and then make it.  I wound up painting the inside and outside of the box to eliminate the order. This is how it turned out:


 This is the top of the box after painting it pink (baby is a girl - her name is Ashlynn)  I added card stock
bling, flowers, doily, butterfly ,her name and put lace around the edges.

 This is a view of the side both the same a different card stock and the lacy ribbon

 View of the inside lid  - butterfly corners - stork bringing in Ashlynn and her little feet


 Inside view of the bottom of the cigar box card stock sides, felt bottom keepsake see thru container and small bags for first's, tooth, lock of hair etc.


 Thought I had a picture of the front but you can see I had put what little girls are made of on the front .
I gave it to him today and he along with others who saw it loved it.  That is what makes me happy - making something others will enjoy........ If you want more detail please leave me a note and I will try to answer your questions.


T

2 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

OMGosh this is so sweet! I have a cigar box to alter for my grandson ... something to do with racing or video games ... guess I'd better sit it out in front of me so my brain can start coming up with some ideas. Hmmm ...
This is just so adorable and I'm sure he was THRILLED with it! A true 'one of a kind' ... precious!
HUGS to you my friend!

Joan Fricker said...

Judy, this is totally adorable. Wow! I love everything about it from the inside out. I love the little storks and baby feet, plus all the other details you included. I bet it is even better in real life.
Great job my friend!