Monday, March 25, 2013

Hello Crafters,

   Challenge at Joans Garden week # 11: Use a square - alter something even a card - flower paper
Wasn't sure what to alter, and not sure this is right but here goes:

http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/03/this-weeks-challenge_21.html

I love making flowers from card stock, vellum, material just about anything. I started looking in my stash for
stuff - hum - I found something I had purchased so many years ago I knew it couldn't still be go or even on the market and I used it. As usual the flowers on my square look much better in real but to me they are cool.

Products used:  Spellbinders - Marvelous Squares S4-383 backed by Yellow and lavender card stock
                        Graphic 45 - Paper is from the "Secreat Garden collection"
                        Cheery Lynn - Tiny things (butterfly) B266 & Fancy lace corners #1 B114 backed with yellow card stock.
                        Perfect Pearl - Mist White which you can't really see in the pic. on the square
                        Kaiser Pearls - Lavender (dark) 
                        Just Rite - Sentiment from CR04346
                        Tim Holtz - Distress stain "squeezed lemonade and mowed lawn" with seedless preserves and spiced marmalade markers.
                        Flower brads and ribbon are from stash
                        Sizzix stencil - flower
                        Dreamweaver stencil embossing paste(the flowers are made from this)

I added the two stains to two  small amounts of the paste. Taped the stencil down to the square and spread the lemonade over the stencil for the flower and mowed lawn for the leaves, spread evenly on the stencil with the spatula and then immediately took the stencil off and washed it and tools while the paste dried about an hour.  With the markers I touched up edges and center to give them a real look and they turned out so nice. Feel like velvet when you touch them and are about 1/8" thick. This was altering for me. I took the idea from the card Joan made and I loved it so much I had to try something like that but I didn't have the same supplies. Oh the paper, pearls, Cheery Lynn, Tim Holtz Spellbinders  and Just Rite items all came from Joans Garden,
                       

4 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Judy, this is so cool. I love it. Great job. Would love to see it in person.
Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Mrs. Swandog said...

Awesome Judy! Great job on the stenciling paste! Love how you gave it color!

Pssequimages said...

That stenciling paste just turned out such NEAT texture on those flowers. I have some "Perfect Paper" modeling stuff a friend gave me, but I haven't tried it. Now I'm inspired! What a pretty card,and as usual, you have magnificent color coordination and paper harmonies.

Ginny Bell said...

Judy, this is such a cute, fun card. Love the flowers, and you put such a lot of work into the piercing around the purple square. I'd love to learn your technique on making the flowers--they're awesome!