Thursday, December 27, 2012

Hello All,

   Before Christmas my 8 year old grandson came to me and wanted me to build him a shadow box with his ideas so I thought I would share what we did. Oh he absolutely loves it and wants to keep it forever.

 Naturally this is just about Tim Holtz everything - Box, hardware, Tree (spritzed with blue tattered angle), music tape, box was stained with the gold stain, and the lantern (which really lights up)
 On of the small boxes on the right that you couldn't see to well above - Graphic 45 papers were used on inside of the smaller boxes - teddy, flower, basket ball button all from stash.
 Another small box with stash bells and pinecones
 one side which holds the naughty list from graphic 45 and a Santa key to open the door if you don't have a chimney (I have had that for ever)
 Back of shadow box Graphic 45 paper and the white cylinder is the battery pack for the lantern (we were going to build a small box to cover it but Georgie wanted it left like this.
 Other side with the list of nice kids and you can see the top where he wanted a wooden spool with blue thread.
 Side view to see left side of box (there is a small glare because of the acrylic cover)I loved his blue tree

 last view -the box did turn out very nice considering it only took a few hours to do.

Enjoy your new year and looking forward to challenging with  you all again.

1 comment:

Nan G said...

This turned out so cute! I'll bet he's happy with it...I would be too!