Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hello All,

    Time for another challenge at Joan's Garden - This week was a stair step card which I have never done before and was not sure about it. But I thought and tried and came up with a paisley idea.

http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/09/this-weeks-challenge_13.html

My take on the stair step card : I used a piece of K & Company paisley card stock for the back ground and I distressed the edges with TH Freyed burlap Distressed ink. 
I also used  a paisley embossing folder for the white and dark brown behind the cornucopia.
Cornucopia is an Inkadinkado stamp and I colored it with TH pens and put perfect pearls on top.
Flourish is from Cheery Lynn B127 ad Sun flowers are cut from Quick-Kutz dies, Spritzed with Glimmemr Mist F1912 "Pure Sun Shine".  Grass and turkeys are also Quick-Kutz dies. Sentiment is from Stampscapes Plate 33B
I did use bling for turkey eyes and pearls for the top of the Cornucopia pic.
Remember first time for this kind of card.



4 comments:

April said...

Very pretty! I love the sunflowers and the pumpkins. Great Thanksgiving card!

Gloria Carme said...

I just love your card! I love the sunflowers. The design and autumn colors are brilliant.

Nan G said...

Oh wow! Love your autumn theme'd card.

Selma said...

What a beautiful Fall themed card. Love those sunflowers. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.