Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hello All,

    I was thinking about the shaker card and going through old pictures found one that brought back great memories from when I was a kid. It was a carousel that was in a store where I grew up around Christmas time.  I started looking through my dies and found the dies I was thinking about and made a card that sort
of resembles a side of the carousel.  Thought I would share.

http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/09/this-weeks-challenge.html


I dislike the way this picture makes my beautiful red card stock look orange but there was nothing I could do
So you will have to imagine Red card stock for back ground and the noses on the deer which are a deep read bead glued on sideways.

Green flourish (Cut from white card stock and then distressed with TH Peeled Paint and Pine needles) and deer (Cut from med. brown card stock -eyes are dark yellow rhinestones, green ribbon around necks. Used pearl stickles for tails ) are from Spellbinders S-4 287
Delicate chain # 837 poppy stamps  is cut from diamond glitter green card stock  which are the poles for the deer.
The Icicles cut from a Martha Steward boarder punch dipped in ultra fine white glitter,
Snow flakes are from a Fiskers corner punch and an EK Success punch They also have glitter but you can't tell from the pic. 
 My shaker box was a oval punch of a small picture from pine cone card stock, I used the arts parts molding film to  make the cover over it and popped it up.
Well it may not really look like a carousel but it sure reminded me of the one I rode about 58 years ago.
 


3 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Judy, very cute and great for your memories. love it!
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Gail said...

Very beautiful card - you did a great job!

Selma said...

This is really special. You did a great job recreating that memory. Love it. Thanks for another great entry in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.