Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hello All,

    My posting for this weeks challenge at Joan's.  I have to say I can't hold a candle to Selma but I do dream - and even using most of the same supplies there is still an A to Z difference, but it was fun trying. So this is my take on being close to Selma.



http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/07/this-weeks-challenge.htmlhttp://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/07/this-weeks-challenge.html

I used the same Swiss dot embossing folder, same Marianne cut/embossing folder, Victorian Rose flourish cut in half and the Tropical flourish (only in green) my lace bottom is my new Martha Stewart "butterfly lace" boarder, which I distressed antenna with TH distressed "Spun Sugar" ink . I used Selma's tutorial for coloring the rose and because I didn't have the bitty roses I used Cheery Lynn Cutie #3 (B151) to make my smaller flowers. I tried something new, to me, which was using the round pliers to twist each petal. I love the way they look. I did spritz them all with Perfect Pearls "Pink Gold" dust.
No Tulle so I added a very sheer bow.Oh and the Pearls.

6 comments:

Mrs. Swandog said...

Awesome card Judy! Great take on the challenge!

Donna said...

Wonderully done Judy, beautiful, just beautiful!!! Gorgeous card!
hugs
Donna

Lynn said...

A very lovely card. great flowers!

Nan G said...

Look at all those gorgeous pink flowers! Oh my my! Love it!

Joann said...

Gorgeous roses! They are just perfect in every way!

Selma said...

Wow - what a great job you did with this challenge. Your card is gorgeous Judy. Thanks for joining us again this week in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.