Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hello All,

Change on blogger - has me a little confused so bare with me here.  I have been learning lots of new things for crafting.  Seems like it just keeps growing like wild fire.  I decided to step out of the box this week on my card and try new mediums for this card . Hope you like.
 http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/04/this-weeks-challenge-something.html

Here goes: the back ground is a piece of shear floral patterned material it really is green but seems so much green shows up blue so just imagine green. I used the following products: All from Joan's Garden.
Marianne die cuts for center oval, used a lavender oval for center using vellum that I embossed with the Sizzix embossing  "Swiss dot "folder.  Circle back ground for the Just Right sentiment (from Family Garden) is also from the center of a Marianne die cut. I embossed the sentiment with Ranger Concord Grape and clear embossing powder. Cherry Lynn Tropical Flourish , Corners are the Lace Trio from Cherry Lynn as well. Punch from punch a bunch for the little white w/green and pearl centers. Vellum was also used for behind the large flower as well as a Marianne die. The purple flowers I created using the Spellbinders carnation die and silk material with a heat gun. Ribbon from stash. Think that covers it. Oh all the pearls are from Kaiser (Joan's shop).

 Side view so you can see layers on sentiment - I love popping up.

Close up of my Silk Carnation and you can also see the greenish color of the background
http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/04/this-weeks-challenge-something.html

2 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOWZA! This is gorgeous Judy! LOVE that flower ... I always forget about this technique ... thanks for the reminder!
I know what you mean about the changes in Blogger ... has me double checking everything to be sure it's what I was wanting to do! LOL!!
Have a wonderful day and keep up the amazing work!

Mrs. Swandog said...

Very pretty card Judy...love the dragonfly ribbon...too cool!