Monday, October 10, 2011

Challenge-Bag 2

Good Morning Crafters,

The weather was so good for my vacation I decided to take one more day - I will be sorry when it's cold out and I wish I could stay home but here I am.  Joan's bag challenge really got my creativity going and as I was watching a few of my favorite TV shows, I started working on another bag - thought I would share it with you as well.
 A side view allows you to really see the embossing on the back ground, and the stickled leaves better

 http://www.atjoansgardens.com/

I really enjoyed making this bag because I love Fall - the steps of this bag and supplies are:
Distress Ink around edges of bag are T.Holtz, Rusty Hinge and Peeled Paint (doesn't show real well in pics)
Back ground paper is from the Kaiser Craft collection "Country Grove" and I have cut a vertical piece for body, embossed with "Sprinkle N Sparkle" embossing powders, in Marque Orange and Spring Willow.The horizontal as contrast for the topper which is punched with a M.Stewart's boarder punch. The center piece is punched from the Marvy scolloped ovel large. I punched the orange after embossing the pumpkin using same powders as background and then added for shadow effect a green and tan punch to the back and pop dotted.
The leaves are of course from "Cheery Lynn" Lg leaves #2 and the "Heartfelt Creations "Belle Rose HCD 712 Collection.  I just love the flowers and acrons, I did use stickles  after I had added texture color from the Adirondack-Dabbers: Gold, Citrus and Butterscotch. I also curled some of the ends of the leaves.  The "FALL" is chip board I found in my save everything box. Ribbon was named "Autumn Inspirations" perfect for this bag. I am such a hoarder for scrapbook and card supplies. Think that is about it except I did distress the edges of the background paper with a "Heidi Snapp" tool and used Tim's peeled paint stain the color the  edges.

Hope you like.

3 comments:

Mrs. Swandog said...

very pretty bag...love the ribbon...

Selma said...

Wow, what a beautiful bag. It is fun to find fun things in your stash and use them once in a while -- I know -- I do it all the time. Thank you for joining us in the challenge at Joan's Gardens. You did a great job with the challenge.

Joan Fricker said...

Judy, I love your bag. Love the colors and the leave are just gorgeous.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge. You did a great job on your bag.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com